Ayaz Mughal, Journalist and RTI Activist and Chairman Awake India.
Ayaz Ahmed Mughal (born in Mahra, Tehsil Surankote Distt. Poonch) is an Indian social activist and journalist. He is renowned as noted RTI activist and has associated with Right to Information Movement in J&K. He has written many articles on RTI and other political issues. He has the privilege to be part of the movement responsible for the appointment of first Chief Information Commissioner of J&K State Information Commission.
Ayaz Mughal (Born in Village Mahra Distt Poonch), completed his early studies in Poonch and then shifted to Doda & Jammu for higher education. He is post graduate in Political Science. Right from the childhood, he had great interest in reading and writing and in social activities.
- J&K RTI Act 2009( Ammeded in 2009) had been laying defunct and functionleess without its head and RTI users around the state have to suufer a lot in seeking the information. He along with other activists met Hon’ble Governor NN Vohra, CM Omar Abdullah and Mehbooba Mufti, Leader of Opposition seeking the appointment of the most awaited post of CIC of J&K SIC. As a result on 27th of Jan. 2011, in a selection panel meeting, the G R Sufi was appointed as the first State CIC.
- On 17th of Oct 2010, under the banner of Sangarsh RTI Movement in J&K, filed over 100 applications in a day, which is a record in itself
- J&K RTI: An eye wash (Published in Hillary4president)
- J&K RTI: an eye wash (The Northlines)
- State on Fire (The Northlines)
- J&K RTI: Headless & Heedless(Early Times)
- J&K RTI: Headless & Heedless(JK News point)
- Set Struggle & Succeed (Early Times)
- Set, Struggle & Succeed (JK NewsPoint)
- A Spark Neglected Burns The House: Shopian Case
- ^ J K RTI Movement delegation meets Vohra discusses concerns about selection of information commissioners Lastupdate:- Thu, 9 Dec 2010 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com
- ^ State Observer:Leading & Largest Circulated Daily Newspaper of Jammu Kasmir, Latest News from Jammu Kashmir
- ^ http://www.thenorthlines.com/newsdet.aspx?q=39383
- ^ Activists concerned about non-implementation of RTI Act
- ^ RTI activists call on CM
- ^ Sangarsh organizes interactive meet on RTI – Early Times Newspaper Jammu Kashmir
- ^ J&K RTI: An Eye Wash | Hillary Clinton 4 President
- ^ http://www.thenorthlines.com/newsdet.aspx?q=34490
- ^ http://www.thenorthlines.com/newsdet.aspx?q=34870
- ^ a b J&K RTI Act: Headless and Heedless – Early Times Newspaper Jammu Kashmir
- ^ Set Struggle & Succeed – Early Times Newspaper Jammu Kashmir
- ^ http://jknewspoint.com/newsdet.aspx?q=12118
- ^ http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=3088866